Tuesday, April 2, 2019

High School Movie Trailer

Pre-Production

     My team and I worked on re-creating the trailer to the Breakfast Club, one of my favorite movies. For pre-production, my team and I did the necessary work like storyboarding. We all worked very well together from the very beginning and felt very confident in ourselves and this project. 

Production 

     We watched the trailer and some members of my team knew other students who looked eerily similar to the original cast of the Breakfast Club. All of the people we originally contacted were able to work and film with us in the beginning. We filmed mostly in the library because that is the location where majority of the movie takes place. All was great when we started filming. Halfway through our filming session, we all ate pizza, that someone had ordered ahead of time, and drank soda. We all were laughing and telling stories, but eventually got back to work. We filmed quite a bit more, and around 6 o'clock, the camera, which was on a tripod and we made sure it was on securely at the beginning of filming, suddenly fell and landed on the ground. We picked it up to make sure it was okay, but the battery broke. My team tried to fix the battery as I started cleaning up because I knew there was no way we'd be able to fix it. Nothing worked, so we e-mailed our teacher. Our teacher gave us some tips on how to prevent this in the future and that no one was in trouble due to the fact it was a complete accident and no one intentionally damaged the battery. The actors, the team and I weren't able to film again for the next two weeks due to conflicting schedules. 

Editing

     I wasn't the editor for our project, but the person who was editing often shared and showed us his progress. One creepy thing that happened during editing was the video we filmed synched up to the original audio of the original characters. This was not planned at all, and we recorded audio while filming to use instead of the original, but we decided to use the original audio instead since it lined up exactly. Another creepy thing that happened was our cast we picked looked very, very similar to the original. My team and i often compared our footage to the original to help sequence the shots, but also to see the similarities. 

Overall

     I really enjoyed this project due to the fact I got to recreate the trailer to the Breakfast Club. I think the difficulties of this project will help me to prepare for the future. Some things I would do differently is prevent the camera from falling so my team could film all the shots in one day. I would keep everything else the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment